Monday, January 17, 2011

not yet there

I'm not yet there but I wanted to get this blog started before leaving.  I'm heading to Ecuador to spend 27 months in the Peace Corps experiencing a new place, learning more about myself and the world around me, and hopefully giving back a little of myself in the process.  I leave on February 1 for Washington DC for an orientation before heading on to Ecuador. My job will be working as a business advisor in Natural Resource Conservation.  Basically, I'll be assisting small businesses with things like sales generation, marketing plans, and accounting while helping to preserve Ecuador's precious bounty of natural resources.  I'm excited for this opportunity of a lifetime to live overseas and stretch myself.

In the meantime, I'm chilling at home in California trying to spend time with my wonderful girlfriend, family, and friends.  Two more weeks until I bid Cali farewell!

1 comment: